Microsoft has just released Windows 10, but for those who are not running the latest version of Microsoft’s operating system, they have a few options. One way is to upgrade your device using the Windows Update app. This will let you install the new features offered by this newest release without having to reinstall everything on your computer again.
Windows 11 is now rolling out, and it will be compatible with your Windows 10 PC. Here are a few ways to upgrade your Windows 10 PC to Windows 11.
After months of testing and preview releases, Microsoft has announced that Windows 11 is now available as a free update for qualifying Windows 10 PCs and new PCs pre-installed with Windows 11 across the globe on October 5, 2021. The new Windows 11 version 21H2 has a redesigned start menu with a snap assist multitasking function, Microsoft Teams integration, the ability to run Android applications natively, a revamped Microsoft Store, Widgets, and much more.
The newest Windows 11 October 2021 Update, according to Microsoft, brings exciting new experiences to customers whether they’re working on a school assignment, collaborating on a work presentation, developing a new app, or coming up with their next great idea. DirectStorage, a feature originally seen on Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S consoles, is also supported in Windows 11.
System requirements for Windows 11
The firm has previously disclosed the minimum system requirements for Windows 11. It needs a CPU with two or more cores and a clock speed of 1GHz or higher, as well as four gigabytes of RAM and at least 64 gigabytes of storage.
- Windows 11 requires a computer with an Intel 8th generation or newer processor, or AMD Zen 2 processors or above.
- Another need is that TPM 2.0 be activated on your CPU.
- You must have at least 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage on your computer (HDD or SSD).
- You’ll also need a 720p monitor with at least a 9-inch screen.
- Microsoft recommends DirectX 12 capable graphics cards with WDDM 2.x.
- The system firmware should support UEFI and Secure Boot.
To make things even simpler, Microsoft has launched PC Health Testing, an official Windows 11 system compatibility check tool. Download it from its official website and run it on Windows 10 to see whether your computer is compatible. This is how you can obtain Windows 11 if the utility says it’s okay.
What Is the Best Way to Upgrade to Windows 11?
If you have a device that matches the following system requirements, or if you just bought a Windows 10 computer, you may be able to update to Windows 11 immediately. Here’s how to go about it:
- First, make a backup of your important data to the cloud or an external hard drive.
- Now, on your Windows 10 computer, click to Settings and then Update & Security.
- To check for updates, go to Windows Update and click Check for Updates.
- If your device receives the Windows 11 upgrade, it will be accessible. If it is, go ahead and download and install it.
- It’s a big upgrade, so you’ll need a strong internet connection to download the Windows 11 update files from Microsoft’s servers.
- For the installation procedure, restart your computer and adjust the settings as directed on the screen.
Note: If your device matches the Windows 11 minimum system requirements but you don’t see the Windows 11 upgrade available, don’t be discouraged; Microsoft will take time to roll out Windows 11 to all PCs. The complete deployment of Windows 11 to all eligible PCs is scheduled for mid-2022, according to Microsoft.
Microsoft will make Windows 11 accessible for download later today through installation discs and utilities such as the Upgrade Tool.
A video comparison of Windows 10 vs. Windows 11 | Features & Changes can be found here.
Also check out:
this advertisement should be reported
Windows 11 is now available for download. Here’s what you need to know about upgrading your Windows 10 PC to Windows 11, and how to do it. Reference: windows 11 download 64 bit full version.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I install Windows 11 on Windows 10?
A: Yes, you can. However, Microsoft does not recommend the process because customizing your system might make it more vulnerable to security threats and other problems.
Can I get free upgrade to Windows 11?
A: It is possible to get a free upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, but its not guaranteed. There are many factors that could prevent you getting the update such as your system not matching up with specific requirements which means you will have issues when installing and running the new operating system.
How can I download Windows 11 for free?
A: To download Windows 11, you can either buy a new PC that comes with the OS pre-loaded or by going to Microsofts website and downloading it for free.
- how to update to windows 11
- windows 11 release date to download
- windows 11 download
- pc health check windows 11
- windows 11 beta