Microsoft Surface Pro keyboard driver update is a software that enables Microsoft Surface Pro to communicate with the computer’s hardware and supports various devices such as USB, Bluetooth or Wireless. The updated Surface pro keyboard drivers also provide improved performance in terms of device compatibility and stability.,
The “surface type cover driver missing” is a problem that some Surface Pro users have been experiencing. The solution to this issue is to download and update the keyboard driver from Microsoft.
You’ve come to the correct spot if you need to update the keyboard driver for your Surface Pro device. With the help of this step-by-step instruction, you’ll be able to simply download and update the Surface Pro keyboard driver.
To download and update the Surface Pro keyboard driver, choose one of the two options below:
Method 1: Get the driver from Microsoft and update it. Method 2: Use Driver Easy to download and update the driver.
Method 1: Get the driver from Microsoft and update it.
The most recent Surface Pro drivers are available from Microsoft. Advanced computer users may manually download and update the Microsoft Surface keyboard driver. Follow the steps below to do so:
1) Go to the official Microsoft website.
2) Then, in the search box, insert the keyword combination “your Surface product model + drivers.” If you’re using a Surface Pro 4, for example, put “surface pro 4 drivers” into the search box and hit Enter. Following that, you’ll get a screen with a list of similar results.
If you don’t know what Surface product model you have, you can figure it out by following these steps:
a) Press the Windows logo key on your keyboard, then type “surface.”
b) From the menu, choose the Surface app, then Your Surface. Then, on the screen that displays, you’ll see your Surface product model.
3) Look for and click on a link that contains the terms “surface pro 4 drivers and firmware…” (Usually, the first link is the correct one.) Then you’ll be sent to the Surface Pro 4 download page.
4) After clicking the Download option, you’ll be sent to a website where you may download the driver files.
5) Depending on whatever version and build of Windows you’re running, choose the appropriate driver file (.msi file). Tick the box next to SurfacePro4 Win10 18362 21.061.12819.0.msi if you’re using Windows 10 build 18362.
If you’re not sure what version and build of Windows you’re running, use the methods in this article to figure it out: How to Find Out What Windows Version I Have
5) The driver file will be downloaded to your PC when you click Next.
6) Double-click the file to install the drivers on your computer after the download is complete.
Note: The driver file (.msi) contains drivers and firmware for a variety of devices, including sound cards, graphics cards, and wireless cards. Way 2 is for you if you merely want to update the driver for your Surface Pro keyboard.
Method 2: Use Driver Easy to download and update the driver.
Driver Easy, a third-party driver application with over 3 million users worldwide, may be used to obtain and update the Surface keyboard driver.
To get the Surface keyboard driver using Driver Easy, you don’t need to know what Windows version and build you’re running. All it takes is a few mouse clicks. This is how you do it:
1) On your computer, download and install Driver Easy Free.
2) Open the program and click the Scan Now option to see whether your machine has any outdated or missing drivers. It’s possible that the scan will take several seconds. After that, you’ll see a list of drivers that need to be updated.
3) Next to the Surface keyboard driver, click the Update button, and the driver will be downloaded immediately. Once the download is complete, follow Driver Easy’s step-by-step instructions to install the driver.
Tip: If you want to save even more time, upgrade to Driver Easy Pro, which enables you to update all of your drivers at once simply hitting the Update All button.
With the instructions above, you should be able to simply download and update the Surface keyboard driver. Please leave a remark below if you have any queries. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Watch This Video-
The “firmware update windows 10 download” is a process that allows you to upgrade the Surface Pro keyboard driver. This process will also allow users to download updates for their Surface pro device.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I reinstall my surface keyboard?
A: Unfortunately, Microsoft does not offer a way to reinstall their keyboards. This is due to the fact that they do not want users having multiple versions of applications on their computers.
How do I fix my Surface Pro Keyboard not working?
A: Please follow these steps to fix your Surface Pro keyboard not working.
1) Remove the power cable from the back of your computer, and wait 30 seconds for it to cool down
2) Insert the power cable into its original position on the back of your system again
3) Replace any non-essential peripherals that are connected through USB cables with other devices (keyboard/mouse etc.)
Why does my Surface Pro keyboard keep disconnecting?
A: This is most likely due to the integrated graphics card not having enough power for your device. You can check out our article on how to update your Surface Pro with a new GPU if this is the case.
- surface pro 1796 drivers
- microsoft surface drivers
- surface pro 4 drivers
- surface pro 7 drivers
- surface pro 7 firmware update