Barcelona will not be able to keep De Jong at the club after the summer window, and they are willing to move him on in order to make a profit. This could signal that Barcelona is looking for midfield reinforcements before their transfer ban expires in 2020.
Barcelona are willing to move Frenkie de Jong for a fee of around £75 million. The Dutch midfielder is said to have an “astronomical release clause” in his contract, which would make him one of the most expensive players ever sold by Barcelona.
The transfer window in the summer was unlike any other. Check out all of the significant signings and see how we evaluated them. Even if the window is closed until January, the rumors will continue to circulate. Here’s the most recent rumors and conjecture.
Barcelona is preparing to sell De Jong and Ter Stegen.
According to AS, Barcelona no longer believes goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen and midfielder Frenkie de Jong are “untouchable” and may let them leave. Due to the club’s financial situation, the two may be released, with any monies gained from their moves being utilized to rebuild the Catalan team.
According to the source, both clubs have recently fallen short of expectations, with the Blaugrana failing to progress from their Champions League group and consequently being relegated to the Europa League for the first time since the 2000-01 season.
Ter Stegen, 29, has been a regular in goal for Barcelona since joining for £10 million from Borussia Monchengladbach in 2014. The Germany international has nearly 300 appearances for the club, but has failed to match his previous seasons in Catalonia, making a string of errors in goal, most recently against Bayern Munich this week.
• Best movements by Barnwell: 100-51 | 50-1 • The most recent important transfers • January transfer grades
– According to L’Equipe, Paris Saint-Germain are aiming to sell three senior players in January, with Mauro Icardi being one of them. The club’s administration believes the team is too large and plans to reduce it down in January, with Rafinha and Abdou Diallo reportedly free to join other clubs.
– According to Fabrizio Romano, Newcastle United are interested in signing Manchester United playmaker Jesse Lingard. Due to a lack of game time, the 28-year-old has been linked with a transfer away from Old Trafford, with talks between the sides commencing but no agreement yet reached.
– According to Ekrem Konur, Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny has piqued the curiosity of Premier League and Turkish league teams. The Egypt international’s contract expires in the summer, and he has said that he wants to play in England again next season, but he might be persuaded otherwise.
– Ainsley Maitland-Niles is attempting to push a January transfer away from Arsenal, despite the 24-year-lack old’s of playing time since the start of the season. According to the Mail, the England international prefers a move away from Arsenal, having made only two starts since his summer transfer request. Everton and Newcastle are thought to be keeping an eye on his position.
Watch This Video-
FC Barcelona are willing to move Frenkie de Jong, Marc. The Dutch midfielder is keen on a transfer and has been linked with the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea. Reference: fcbarcelona.
- frenkie de jong
- barca news