Fingerprint authentication is great, until it isn’t. This is because fingerprint scanners are susceptible to all kinds of problems–dropping your phone or having the screen damaged and even dirty fingers can cause a misread and render fingerprint unlocking useless.
The “fingerprint option not showing in settings” is a problem that has been present for a while. Google has released 9 fixes to fix the issue.
When you have to input your password every time you want to open your phone, it’s inconvenient. Your fingerprint sensor will function some of the time, but it will not work all of the time.
Worse, remembering or entering the password might be difficult. You shouldn’t have to modify any settings to fix this problem since it’s usually a mistake rather than a feature update.
I’ll teach you how to repair a fingerprint scanner that isn’t functioning on an Android phone and how to deactivate the fingerprint scanner on HTC, Samsung, and other Android smartphones in this post.
When your fingerprint sensor on your Android handset stops functioning, it’s quite inconvenient. This article is for you if you have an Android phone with a fingerprint sensor but are unable to use it to unlock the phone.
What Are The Causes Of Android Fingerprint Not Working?
There are a number of possible causes for your Android phone’s failure to recognize your fingerprint, and maybe one of these methods was able to assist you get it operating again.
- Fingerprint scanning might be hampered by a smeared or filthy sensor.
- If you hold your smartphone too quickly or at an incorrect angle, your fingerprint will not function.
- Your finger is dripping wet.
- You’ve switched fingers — either you’re using a new finger that the phone doesn’t recognize, or you’re using the same finger but at a different angle.
- If your sensor has been damaged by being dropped, for example, and that portion has been dented in some way, it may no longer function properly.
- The sensor is faulty or not working properly.
- Fingerprint recognition difficulties might arise when fresh SIM cards are inserted.
What Should You Do If Your Android Phone’s Fingerprint Isn’t Working?
It might be difficult to figure out what to do when your fingerprint scanner stops functioning. You might end yourself in a scenario where you can’t use your phone.
Fortunately, there are solutions to this problem that will allow you to use your fingerprint scanner again. If your Android phone’s fingerprint sensor isn’t functioning, here’s what you can do.
So let’s get started.
Restarting the device is the first solution.
Sometimes all that is required is a reset to get everything back on track. Turn your device off, then on again to see if it solves the issue. In most situations, restarting everything will resolve any difficulties, and the fingerprint reader will function again.
However, if restarting does not assist, go to the following step.
Fix number two is to update the system.
If restarting your Android smartphone doesn’t work, try upgrading the system software. Most of the time, an older version of the system causes a slew of problems and prevents the device from functioning properly.
So simply look for updates in the device by going to Settings > System > Advanced > System Update.
Install any updates that are available for your phone or tablet right away. This could help if your fingerprint reader isn’t responding or if unregistered fingerprints aren’t functioning.
3rd Fix: Verify Permissions
Most of the time, users refuse to provide access to certain applications, resulting in an error.
Check that all permissions are set appropriately if you upgraded yet still have issues with your fingerprint scanner.
Simply go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Advanced > Special app access. After giving access to it, check if the fingerprint is working on Android or not.
Fix 4: Ensure that the fingerprint scanner is clean.
Another thing to keep in mind is that nothing should be obscuring your phone’s scanner. If your phone has a case, make sure there are no cracks or debris in it that might prevent the scanner from detecting your fingerprints.
It’s also conceivable that dust has accumulated on the sensor over time, in which case brush it off with a cloth. Use a little amount of water, but avoid using alcohol or any other kind of solvent, since this might harm the scanner.
In fact, you should avoid pushing too hard on it in general to prevent damaging its sensitivity (and break it).
If cleaning it doesn’t work, you may try the additional solutions listed below.
Recreate Your Fingerprint (Fix 5)
If nothing else works, you should try recreating the fingerprint. This procedure might assist you in resolving the issue.
As directed, follow the instructions below:
- Go to Settings > Security > Fingerprint and enter your PIN or password.
- Select Add a fingerprint, then insert your finger in the centre of the home button and keep it there until the scan is finished.
- Lift your finger off the home button and put it back on it if necessary to complete a full 360-degree rotation.
- After you’ve registered your fingerprint, put it to the test by attempting to unlock your phone with that finger.
Fix no. 6: Delete the Cache Partition
Another good technique to repair a fingerprint scanner that isn’t functioning on an Android phone is to clear the cache partition. This solution has been used by many people to address the problem.
Here’s what you should do:
- Turn off your phone first.
- Hold down the Volume Up and Bixby keys, then hit and hold the Power key.
- Release all keys when the green Android logo appears (‘Installing system update’ will appear for roughly 30–60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu choices appear).
- To highlight the erase cache partition, press the Volume down key multiple times.
- To choose, tap the Power button.
- Press the Volume down key until ‘yes’ is highlighted, then select with the Power button.
- When the erase cache partition is finished, the Reboot system button appears.
- To restart your phone, press and hold the Power button.
That is all there is to it.
Fix 7: Verify that the fingerprint module is properly connected.
You may be aware that in order for the fingerprint module to operate effectively, it must be properly linked. It is recommended that you verify the module if you use your phone with touch ID or a physical fingerprint.
Keep in mind that many Android smartphones feature a hard module that looks like the rear panel. So, in this situation, you should go to a repair shop or the store where you bought the equipment.
Fix number eight is to reset the device.
If you’re still having problems with your Android phone’s fingerprint reader, it’s necessary to reset your device. Phone resetting is capable of resolving any kind of issue with simplicity.
However, before using this approach, please make a backup of any important data, since this procedure erases everything from the phone.
To factory reset your Android phone, follow the instructions below:
- To begin, go to your device’s Settings.
- Now, click on System > choose Factory Reset
- After that, choose Erase Everything.
- Finally, double-check the password and reset your device.
After that, try adding a fingerprint to your smartphone and see whether it works.
Fix number nine is to go to the service center.
If the issue persists, the only remaining alternative is to take it to a repair shop. It’s time to take your phone to a specialist who can examine it more thoroughly.
Tell them everything about the problem you’re having, and they should be able to fix the fingerprint not functioning on Android problem.
Bonus Tip: How To Unlock An Android Phone Without Losing Data
Don’t worry if you’re frustrated about how to unlock an Android phone with a fingerprint sensor that won’t open. I recommend using the Android Unlock tool. This professional program unlocks Android phones without causing data loss.
All of your information is kept secure and accessible to anybody with a basic understanding of computers. This program works in every case, regardless of whether your phone is protected with a fingerprint, password, PIN, pattern, or facelock.
As a result, just download and install this fantastic program to quickly unlock your Android phone.
Check out the tool’s thorough user guide to learn more about how it works.
Android Unlock Tool is available for free download.
(* The free version merely scans and displays recoverable data.)
The problem of fingerprints not functioning on Android phones is one that many of us have encountered. There’s no need to worry since there are many options for getting rid of it.
I’ve explored the causes of the mistake and how to repair fingerprint scanners that aren’t functioning on Android phones in my blog. I hope that by following them, you will be able to fix the problem quickly.
Also, if you have any recommendations or questions, please leave them in the comment area below.
You may also contact us via our social media sites, such as Facebook and Twitter.
Sophia Louis is a professional blogger and SEO expert. Loves to write blogs & articles related to Android & iOS Phones. She is the founder of Android-iOS-data-recovery and always looks forward to solve issues related to Android & iOS devices
The “my fingerprint sensor is not working samsung” is a problem that has been present for a while. There are 9 ways to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you fix fingerprint sensor not working on Android?
A: A quick way to fix the fingerprint sensor not working is by trying a different button combination. Try pressing the power and volume buttons at once or maybe even unlocking your phone with the pattern lock instead. If that does not work, try using Google Play Services for Android in your device settings to add on any additional security features you may have missed in order to start unlocking your screen from there as well as other options like biometrics if they are available on this app.
How do I reset my fingerprint sensor?
A: To reset your fingerprint sensor, you need to press and hold the power button, then tap the home button once.
- fingerprint sensor not working if this keeps happening restart your phone
- how to repair fingerprint sensor
- fingerprint sensor not working – android
- fingerprint hardware not available android
- fingerprint sensor not working samsung a12