This guide will show you how to fix some of the most common issues with your computer including DISM errors, Windows updates and more. It’s important that you make sure your computer is fixed before trying any new programs.
DISM error 50 is a common problem that can occur on Windows 10/11. There are 4 ways to quickly fix the issue.
Andrew isn’t simply trying to get you to like Windows; he’s really enthusiastic about it. He just so happens to be enthusiastic about passing on his expertise to our readers, and that’s exactly what he’ll be doing… Continue reading
Updated: 19 April 2022
Publish date: April 2020
- Dedicated DISM commands may be used to perform actions such as refreshing and preparing a Windows image.
- You’ve come to the correct spot if you attempted to run a DISM command but get the message Error 50 DISM does not allow servicing Windows PE with the /online option.
- On your Windows 10 or 11 computer, you may attempt to fix damaged registry keys that may be causing this problem.
- At the same time, you may attempt to go into your BIOS and modify certain settings to fix the DISM problem.
Maintain the highest degree of performance on your computer at all times. CCLeaner is a well-known program that maintains your computer clean and efficient while avoiding interfering with critical system components. Right now, you may download it to:
- Clear your cache and cookies to ensure a smooth browsing experience.
- Errors in the registry and settings that aren’t working should be fixed.
- With a speedier PC startup, you can work and play more quickly.
- Examine the state of your computer.
CCleaner also includes a driver and software updater to protect your PC against common faults and program malfunctions. This month, 0 readers have downloaded CCleaner.
Dedicated DISM commands may be used to perform actions such as refreshing and preparing a Windows image.
The Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) command-line tool may also be used to fix the most frequent Windows software-related issues, thus knowing how to use it is essential.
As a result, if you get error 50, you should learn how to fix the problems that are preventing DISM from working properly.
Even though such system difficulties may need more technical expertise, you may delve into the issue and address it step by step.
You may also use particular instructions to resolve the persistent problem on your Windows device.
You’ve come to the correct spot if you attempted to run a DISM command but get the message Error 50 DISM does not allow servicing Windows PE with the /online option. We’ll look at how to repair the DISM toolkit on Windows 10 in this article.
How can I resolve the DISM error 50 on Windows 10/11?
- Delete the registry key that is linked to it.
- BIOS reset
- Restart the DISM program.
- Make use of the Command Prompt
1. Delete the registry key that is linked to it.
When the error 50 displays, it signifies that Windows believes the command is being executed from inside Win PE (Pre-installation Environment), which is due to a misplaced registry value. So, in order to repair this mistake, you must first delete this key by following these steps:
- To open the Run box, use Win+R on your keyboard.
- Type Regedit into the box and hit Enter.
- Locate the HKEY LOCAL MACHINE item in Registry Editor and expand it by clicking on it.
- Expand HKEY LOCAL MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControl from the new list that appears.
- There should be a folder called MiniNT under the Control field.
- Permissions may be accessed by right-clicking on this folder and selecting Permissions.
- Check that your login is shown there, as well as that the Full control option is selected.
- Right-click the MiniNT folder once again and choose Delete.
- Restart your Windows 10 machine once you’ve confirmed your modifications.
You may also use specialist registry cleaning tools to clear your registry.
You may use CCleaner if you need a professional cleaning tool that will fix any registry entries issues.
You may use this program to discover various errors in your Windows registry and automatically correct them in a more safe way.
2. BIOS reset
Access the BIOS on your machine (reaching BIOS is different depending on each manufacturer).
Look for the Default Options item in BIOS and open it. Choose reset to default or factory default from the menu that appears on your computer. Restart your device once you’ve confirmed your modifications.
That should take care of Error 50 DISM does not allow servicing Windows PE with the /online option.
3. Restart the DISM program.
Before beginning this troubleshooting method, if you are unable to complete the instructions below, consider creating a new Windows account.
- Type dism.exe /image:C: /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions in your cmd window (which should already be open because you got the DISM 50 error).
- Next, restart your Windows 10 machine in safe mode by pressing Win+R, entering MSConfig, switching to Boot, and selecting Safe Mode.
- Open an elevated cmd window in safe mode by pressing Win+X and selecting Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type SFC/ scannow in the cmd window and wait for the scan to complete – this may take some time depending on how many files and apps are saved on your device.
- After that, reboot into Windows mode since that’s all there is to it.
More information about this subject may be found here.
4. Make use of the Command Prompt
Using certain instructions in the Windows Command Prompt program, you may fix DISM problem 50.
There are a few commands you may attempt to fix this operating problem, and they are as follows:
- In the Start Menu, type Command Prompt and then hit Enter.
- Before running the instructions, make sure you have administrator privileges.
- To solve the particular DISM fault, use the following instructions.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth wmic logicaldisk get name dir drive-letter
That concludes the Error 50 DISM does not allow servicing Windows PE with the /online option error message’s troubleshooting methods.
Make sure to visit the Windows Update hub if you’re looking for more Windows Update solutions.
Take a look around our Windows 10 Errors Hub, which we built just for you. More solutions like this one may be found here to help you repair a variety of system issues.
You may also use the comments section below to share your own experience with us and our readers.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To repair faults with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Was this page of assistance to you? 1
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
“dism error 0x800f081f” is a DISM error that can be caused by the Windows 10/11 operating system. There are 4 ways to quickly fix this issue.
- error 50 dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
- dism error 87
- dism error 50 windows pe
- the scratch directory size might be insufficient
- dism error 2